Physical & Biological Sciences Undergraduate Advising (PBSci UGA)
Physical & Biological Sciences Undergraduate Advising supports students in their pursuit of a degree in the sciences. From matriculation to graduation, our goal is to assist students in navigating the university, completing their major requirements successfully, and graduating on time. We are here to help students understand the breadth and diversity of academic programs, opportunities, and resources available in the Physical & Biological Sciences and across campus.
Undergraduate Affairs actively embraces and promotes the UCSC Principles of Community. Our interactions with students, staff, and faculty incorporate these guiding values and strive to be:
- Diverse: We embrace diversity in all its forms and we strive for an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment.
- Open: We believe free exchange of ideas requires mutual respect and consideration for our differences.
- Purposeful: We are a participatory community united by shared commitments to: service to society; preservation and advancement of knowledge; and innovative teaching and learning.
- Caring: We promote mutual respect, trust and support to foster bonds that strengthen the community.
- Just: We are committed to due process, respect for individual dignity and equitable access to resources, recognition and rewards.
- Disciplined: We seek to advance common goals through reasonable and realistic practices, procedures and expectations.
- Celebrative: We celebrate the heritage, achievements and diversity of the community and the uniqueness and contributions of our members.
We look forward to helping you articulate and achieve your academic goals!