Completing the Major: Senior Exit
- Satisfactory completion of EART 188AB Summer Field Internship and GIS with Applications in the Earth Sciences
- Satisfactory completion of a senior thesis (EART 195), which must include a significant element of independent research or original work and can only be undertaken after agreement is obtained from a faculty member to supervise it (approximately three quarters in advance of completion)
- Exemplary performance (grade of B or better), including a major written report, in a 5-credit graduate course or seminar (which requires permission from the instructor in order to enroll)
- Satisfactory completion of EART 191 Climate Change and Policy
- Satisfactory completion of a 5-credit internship (EART 198) under the guidance of an on-site supervisor, with coordination and prior approval of the department's internship director. The project must include a comprehensive final written report.
PLEASE NOTE: Options 3, 4, and 5 may not count towards fulilling an upper-division elective if used as a capstone.